Monday, March 14, 2011

I Don't Like Reptiles

Almost every encounter is a disgust!

I stepped on a lizard once, not that I'm blind but its actually stick under a carpet and I'm actually wearing my tracksuit pants back from school n years ago. Result is, I feel a rubbery object stick under my bare heels. When I flip my leg before I could see properly my hand reach for that alien and it's the lizard's tail! Of course later I saw the lizard crawling away pathetically. It's a shame! Really! but I don't see I have a choice here.

I hold on to a lizard once, not that I have a choice AGAIN. I was not feeling well one and I was about to eat my porridge with Marmite ( yes the black jar of vegetable caramel some people eat it with toast as well). Under the influence of medicine, I was feeling bit blur back then. I reach for the jar and felt something cold and rubbery on the other the jar. When i turn it around, yes, I'm pressing the lizard on the jar which is trying to run away frantically I dropped the jar immediately. Luckily I did not break the jar. I was in a state of stoned and disgust and euww and disgusted and euww and disgusted and euww and disgusted and euww and disgusted and euww.....and it got me more sick- literally...

All that ran through my mind when I went to watch RANGO. The show is pretty cool in a way reason because I was able to recall times when I'm in college trying to watch the movie in all perspective to gain the hidden meaning, how the director position and design the character- pretty interesting. Some characters actually reminds me of my fellow colleagues who really makes me laugh on a daily basis.

RANGO is a animation about this chameleon who try to be a hero in a small town out of nowhere call "DIRT". It portrays the world of small creatures where most of us does not even bother. It's like making a pile of dust another world and even in the world of dust have their own life and death problems too. Sounds cool? It depends how you look at it.

Suddenly all that I've learnt in the world of broadcasting and productions comes to my mind. RANGO is just another soul searching chameleon, he does not know what he's doing in this big world, he found no purpose until he decides what he really want and what makes him happy. Bottom line is "You will be nobody until one day you decided to be SOMEBODY and no SOMEBODY is always right"

After the show it actually makes me feel that reptiles is not so bad after all. Look, I really don't know what's the connection but the movie makes me feel that reptiles are not so cold blooded in a way i guess?=p

If you think that you like animation ( effects, colours, creativity, SFX, etc..) do give this movie a shot. If you are expecting lots of fun and simple jokes maybe you start to feel this animation is not up to expectation because some of my friends actually said the show is boring.
Personally, I enjoyed the movie=)
- it's things like this...-

No comments: